Q: I don’t want to miss any updates made to a Trello card. How do I ensure that I get updates even when I’m not tagged?
A: If you want to receive updates whenever team members make changes to specific cards, you want to use the “watch” function.
When you watch a card, you are notified each time there’s a new comment on the card or when someone moves or archives it. You’ll also receive notifications about card due dates and such – regardless of whether you’re tagged or not.
Open up the Trello card that you want notifications about
Under the Actions menu, select “Watch”
That’s it! You’ll get a notification to any update or when the card is moved or archived
You can also use the watch function on an entire board or a list.
To set up notifications on a Trello board:
- Open the board in question
- Click on the “Show Menu” link
- Click on the “More” option
- Find and select “Watch”
To set up notifications on a Trello list:
- Start by clicking the three dots next to your list name to open the list menu
- From the drop-down menu that opens, select “Watch”
- Now you’ll get notifications for updates to any card on that list